WELCOME TO RICK LENZ.COM
- 1st place: Somerset Award for Literary/Contemporary Fiction
- 1st place: Reader Views Award – Fantasy
- Bronze Medal: IPPY Award – Best Western/Pacific Novel.
- “One of the Best Books of the Year”—Kirkus Reviews
NORTH OF HOLLYWOOD
“A touching, bittersweet remembrance of a workaday career in acting … He writes with self-punishing honesty … documents a career longevity that is breathtaking. … His story is more about self-acceptance than glory, and readers will cheer as he reaches that realization himself.”
— KIRKUS REVIEWS
“An actor’s intimate, sometimes hilarious, sometimes touching, and always honest account of making a living while living next to Hollywood legends.”
— PUBLISHERS WEEKLY
“North of Hollywood “raises the genre of the Hollywood Memoir to an art form.”
– MICHAEL NORELL, Writers Guild of America Award winner and two-time Christopher Award winner
Accepting the Gift
Accepting the gift horse is the important thing; dissecting the creature serves no purpose. We are offered a free ride. We’re meant to grab him/her by the mane swing up, and let it take us wherever it’s going. Troubles or not, life is a beautiful ride, what a joy to be offered the chance to go on it.